Jamaal al-Din Zarabozo
WHAT IS MODERNISM AND WHERE DID IT COME FROM?
We can relate, ideologically, the modernist movement spreading these days to one sect in the past. This sect is called the Muta'zila, which is dated back to the third Islamic century. Although those people accepted the ...
(1) (1) Alif, Lām, Meem.
- See footnote to 2:1.
(2) (2) Allāh - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Self-Sustaining.
- See footnotes to 2:255.
(3) (3) He has sent down upon you, [O Muḥammad], the Book in truth, confirming what was before it. And He ...Continue Reading
(101) And when a messenger from Allah came to them confirming that which was with them, a party of those who had been given the Scripture threw the Scripture of Allah [i.e., the Torah] behind their backs as if they did not know [what it contained].
(102) And they followed [instead] what the ...Continue Reading
(101) (101) And how could you disbelieve while to you are being recited the verses of Allāh and among you is His Messenger? And whoever holds firmly to Allāh has [indeed] been guided to a straight path.
- i.e., adhering to His ordinances strictly, then trusting in Him and relying ...Continue Reading
How was your life before finding
your way to Islam?
My life before Islam was empty in a way. Just the feeling to live for the day and not knowing the meaning and purpose of life. My self-confidence was quite weak. I didn't feel that I belonged anywhere in the society, something was missing. I ...
By: Umm Rashid
What would you call a religion whose beliefs, practices and followers are being bashed and bad-mouthed in practically every sphere of activity, in almost every corner of the globe, yet it attracts ever-increasing numbers of people?
A Paradox? A Miracle ? Or simply, The Truth: ...Continue Reading