(101) (101) And when you travel throughout the land, there is no blame upon you for shortening the prayer, [especially] if you fear that those who disbelieve may disrupt [or attack] you. Indeed, the disbelievers are ever to you a clear enemy.
- The four rakʿah prayers are ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear Allāh, through whom you ask one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allāh is ever, over you, an Observer.
- In ...Continue Reading
(101) (101) And how could you disbelieve while to you are being recited the verses of Allāh and among you is His Messenger? And whoever holds firmly to Allāh has [indeed] been guided to a straight path.
- i.e., adhering to His ordinances strictly, then trusting in Him and relying ...Continue Reading
(101) And when a messenger from Allah came to them confirming that which was with them, a party of those who had been given the Scripture threw the Scripture of Allah [i.e., the Torah] behind their backs as if they did not know [what it contained].
(102) And they followed [instead] what the ...Continue Reading
(1) Alif, Lam, Meem.
- These are among the fourteen opening letters which occur in various combinations at the beginning of twenty-nine surahs in the Qura'n. Although there has been much speculation as to their meaning, it was not, in fact, revealed by Allah to anyone and is known only to ...Continue Reading
(201) But among them is he who says, "Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [that which is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire."
(202) Those will have a share of what they have earned, and Allah is swift in account.
(203) And remember Allah ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Alif, Lām, Meem.
- See footnote to 2:1.
(2) (2) Allāh - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Self-Sustaining.
- See footnotes to 2:255.
(3) (3) He has sent down upon you, [O Muḥammad], the Book in truth, confirming what was before it. And He ...Continue Reading
1 - Al-Faatiha
(1) In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
- Allah is a proper name belonging only to the one Almighty God, Creator and Sustainer of the heavens and the earth and all that is within them, the Eternal and Absolute, to whom alone all worship ...Continue Reading