(1) (1) Alif, Lām, Rā. [This is] a Book whose verses are perfected and then presented in detail from [one who is] Wise and Aware
- See footnote to 2:1. - Refer to footnotes of 6:18.
(2) (2) [Through a messenger, saying], "Do not worship except Allāh. Indeed, I am to you ...Continue Reading
(53) (53) And they ask information of you, [O Muḥammad], "Is it true?" Say, "Yes, by my Lord. Indeed, it is truth; and you will not cause failure [to Allāh]."
(54) (54) And if each soul that wronged had everything on earth, it would offer it in ransom. And they will confide regret when they ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Alif, Lām, Rā. These are the verses of the wise Book.
- See footnote to 2:1. - The adjective "wise" expresses the qualities of will, purpose, discrimination and precision.
(2) (2) Have the people been amazed that We revealed [revelation] to a man from among them, ...Continue Reading
(60) (60) Zakāh expenditures are only for the poor and for the needy and for those employed for it and for bringing hearts together [for Islām] and for freeing captives [or slaves] and for those in debt and for the cause of Allāh and for the [stranded] traveler - an obligation [imposed] ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) [This is a declaration of] disassociation, from Allāh and His Messenger, to those with whom you had made a treaty among the polytheists.
- But who had violated it.
(2) (2) So travel freely, [O disbelievers], throughout the land [during] four months but know that you cannot ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) They ask you, [O Muḥammad], about the bounties [of war]. Say, "The [decision concerning] bounties is for Allāh and the Messenger." So fear Allāh and amend that which is between you and obey Allāh and His Messenger, if you should be believers.
(2) (2) The believers are only those ...Continue Reading
(104) (104) And Moses said, "O Pharaoh, I am a messenger from the Lord of the worlds
(105) (105) [Who is] obligated not to say about Allāh except the truth. I have come to you with clear evidence from your Lord, so send with me the Children of Israel."
- i.e., free them from ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Alif, Lām, Meem, Ṣād.
- See footnote to 2:1.
(2) (2) [This is] a Book revealed to you, [O Muḥammad] - so let there not be in your breast distress therefrom - that you may warn thereby and as a reminder to the believers.
(3) (3) Follow, [O mankind], what has been revealed ...Continue Reading
(74) (74) And [mention, O Muḥammad], when Abraham said to his father Āzar, "Do you take idols as deities? Indeed, I see you and your people to be in manifest error."
(75) (75) And thus did We show Abraham the realm of the heavens and the earth that he would be among the certain [in faith].
(1) (1) [All] praise is [due] to Allāh, who created the heavens and the earth and made the darkness and the light. Then those who disbelieve equate [others] with their Lord.
(2) (2) It is He who created you from clay and then decreed a term and a specified time [known] to Him; then ...Continue Reading
(57) (57) O you who have believed, take not those who have taken your religion in ridicule and amusement among the ones who were given the Scripture before you nor the disbelievers as allies. And fear Allāh, if you should [truly] be believers.
(58) (58) And when you call to prayer, they take ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) O you who have believed, fulfill [all] contracts. Lawful for you are the animals of grazing livestock except for that which is recited to you [in this Qur’ān] - hunting not being permitted while you are in the state of iḥrām. Indeed, Allāh ordains what He intends.
- ...Continue Reading