(38) (38) Indeed, Allāh defends those who have believed. Indeed, Allāh does not like everyone treacherous and ungrateful.
(39) (39) Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allāh is competent to give them victory.
- ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) O mankind, fear your Lord. Indeed, the convulsion of the [final] Hour is a terrible thing.
(2) (2) On the Day you see it every nursing mother will be distracted from that [child] she was nursing, and every pregnant woman will abort her pregnancy, and you will see the people [appearing] ...Continue Reading
(51) (51) And We had certainly given Abraham his sound judgement before, and We were of him well-Knowing
- i.e., before Moses. Allāh had guided him from early youth.
(52) (52) When he said to his father and his people, "What are these statues to which you are devoted?"
(53) (53) They ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) [The time of] their account has approached for the people, while they are in heedlessness turning away.
(2) (2) No mention [i.e., revelation] comes to them anew from their Lord except that they listen to it while they are at play
(3) (3) With their hearts distracted. And those who do ...Continue Reading
(83) (83) [Allāh said], "And what made you hasten from your people, O Moses?"
(84) (84) He said, "They are close upon my tracks, and I hastened to You, my Lord, that You be pleased."
(85) (85) [Allāh] said, "But indeed, We have tried your people after you [departed], and the Sāmirī has ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Ṭā, Hā.
- See footnote to 2:1
(2) (2) We have not sent down to you the Qur’ān that you be distressed
(3) (3) But only as a reminder for those who fear [Allāh] -
(4) (4) A revelation from He who created the earth and highest heavens,
(5) (5) The Most Merciful [who is] ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Kāf, Hā, Yā, ʿAyn, Ṣād.
- See footnote to 2:1
(2) (2) [This is] a mention of the mercy of your Lord to His servant Zechariah
(3) (3) When he called to his Lord a private call [i.e., supplication].
(4) (4) He said, "My Lord, indeed my bones have weakened, and my head has ...Continue Reading
(51) (51) I did not make them witness to the creation of the heavens and the earth or to the creation of themselves, and I would not have taken the misguiders as assistants.
(52) (52) And [warn of] the Day when He will say, "Call My 'partners' whom you claimed," and they will invoke them, but ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) [All] praise is [due] to Allāh, who has sent down upon His Servant [Muḥammad (ﷺ)] the Book and has not made therein any deviance.
- From the truth or the straight path.
(2) (2) [He has made it] straight, to warn of severe punishment from Him and to give good tidings to ...Continue Reading
(61) (61) And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. He said, "Should I prostrate to one You created from clay?"
- See footnote to 2:34.
(62) (62) [Iblees] said, "Do You see this one whom You have honored above me? If You ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Exalted is He who took His Servant [i.e., Prophet Muḥammad (ﷺ)] by night from al-Masjid al-Ḥarām to al-Masjid al-Aqṣā, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.
- Above any imperfection or ...Continue Reading
(61) (61) And if Allāh were to impose blame on the people for their wrongdoing, He would not have left upon it [i.e., the earth] any creature, but He defers them for a specified term. And when their term has come, they will not remain behind an hour, nor will they precede [it].
(62) (62) And ...Continue Reading