(105) (105) The people of Noah denied the messengers
- See footnote to 25:37.
(106) (106) When their brother Noah said to them, "Will you not fear Allāh?
(107) (107) Indeed, I am to you a trustworthy messenger.
(108) (108) So fear Allāh and obey me.
(109) (109) And I do not ask ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Ṭā, Seen, Meem.
- See footnote to 2:1.
(2) (2) These are the verses of the clear Book.
(3) (3) Perhaps, [O Muḥammad], you would kill yourself with grief that they will not be believers.
(4) (4) If We willed, We could send down to them from the sky a sign for which their ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Blessed is He who sent down the Criterion upon His Servant that he may be to the worlds a warner -
(2) (2) He to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and who has not taken a son and has not had a partner in dominion and has created each thing and determined it with ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) [This is] a sūrah which We have sent down and made [that within it] obligatory and revealed therein verses of clear evidence that you might remember.
(2) (2) The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Certainly will the believers have succeeded:
(2) (2) They who are during their prayer humbly intent
(3) (3) And they who turn away from ill speech
(4) (4) And they who are observant of zakāh
(5) (5) And they who guard their private parts
(6) (6) Except from their wives or those their ...Continue Reading
(38) (38) Indeed, Allāh defends those who have believed. Indeed, Allāh does not like everyone treacherous and ungrateful.
(39) (39) Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allāh is competent to give them victory.
- ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) O mankind, fear your Lord. Indeed, the convulsion of the [final] Hour is a terrible thing.
(2) (2) On the Day you see it every nursing mother will be distracted from that [child] she was nursing, and every pregnant woman will abort her pregnancy, and you will see the people [appearing] ...Continue Reading
(51) (51) And We had certainly given Abraham his sound judgement before, and We were of him well-Knowing
- i.e., before Moses. Allāh had guided him from early youth.
(52) (52) When he said to his father and his people, "What are these statues to which you are devoted?"
(53) (53) They ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) [The time of] their account has approached for the people, while they are in heedlessness turning away.
(2) (2) No mention [i.e., revelation] comes to them anew from their Lord except that they listen to it while they are at play
(3) (3) With their hearts distracted. And those who do ...Continue Reading
(83) (83) [Allāh said], "And what made you hasten from your people, O Moses?"
(84) (84) He said, "They are close upon my tracks, and I hastened to You, my Lord, that You be pleased."
(85) (85) [Allāh] said, "But indeed, We have tried your people after you [departed], and the Sāmirī has ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Ṭā, Hā.
- See footnote to 2:1
(2) (2) We have not sent down to you the Qur’ān that you be distressed
(3) (3) But only as a reminder for those who fear [Allāh] -
(4) (4) A revelation from He who created the earth and highest heavens,
(5) (5) The Most Merciful [who is] ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Kāf, Hā, Yā, ʿAyn, Ṣād.
- See footnote to 2:1
(2) (2) [This is] a mention of the mercy of your Lord to His servant Zechariah
(3) (3) When he called to his Lord a private call [i.e., supplication].
(4) (4) He said, "My Lord, indeed my bones have weakened, and my head has ...Continue Reading