Q: Is it
permissible to study fiqh or 'uloom al-hadeeth (sciences of
hadeeth) with an Ash'ari individual?.
A: Praise be to Allaah.
The Ash'aris are a sect that is named after Imam Abu'l-Hasan al-Ash'ari (may Allaah have mercy on him). Al-Ash'ari passed through three stages - as mentioned by ...
(1) (1) Kāf, Hā, Yā, ʿAyn, Ṣād.
- See footnote to 2:1
(2) (2) [This is] a mention of the mercy of your Lord to His servant Zechariah
(3) (3) When he called to his Lord a private call [i.e., supplication].
(4) (4) He said, "My Lord, indeed my bones have weakened, and my head has ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) O Prophet, fear Allāh and do not obey the disbelievers and the hypocrites. Indeed, Allāh is ever Knowing and Wise.
(2) (2) And follow that which is revealed to you from your Lord. Indeed Allāh is ever, of what you do, Aware.
(3) (3) And rely upon Allāh; and sufficient is Allāh as ...Continue Reading
(1) (1) Alif, Lām, Meem.
- See footnote to 2:1.
(2) (2) Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?
(3) (3) But We have certainly tried those before them, and Allāh will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely ...Continue Reading
By Sheikh Salman al-Oadah
The American ambassador was called upon to preside over the grand opening of a McDonald’s branch in the country where he was stationed. He arrived that the event wearing a baseball cap with the golden arches emblazoned across the front.
He was surprised when a ...
1] passed by me," Salman said, "I told them, 'Take me to Arabia and I will give you my cows and the only sheep I have.'" They said, "Yes." Salman gave them what he offered, ...The man died, and Salman stayed in Amuria. One day, "Some merchants from the tribe of Kalb[Continue Reading
From the wisdom behind fasting is that:
It is an act of worship done for Allah, in which the 'adb (servant) draws closer to His lord by abandoning the things that he loves and desires, such as food, drink and sexual intercourse. This is done in order to achieve His Lord's Pleasure and ...
Kindness and Generosity; Generosity is a characteristic of the Muslim, and kindness is his disposition. The Muslim should not be miserly and stingy, for these are two reprehensible traits whose presence spoils the soul and darkens the heart. The Muslim's faith ...