Benefits of Dates
All the prophet's (peace be upon him) kindness on his nation is shown in Dates and in recommending them as he explained the useful things even in such matters.
The benefits and utilities of dates are shown as some doctors mentioned the benefits of Iftar on Dates and said: (starting Iftar with dates has a lot of healthy and nutritional benefits, some of these benefits are:
- Dates are easy to digest so they don't exhaust the fasting person stomach.
- Dates decrease the great hunger feeling of the fasting person and so he doesn't rush into excessive food eating which causes digestion disorders.
- Dates prepare the stomach to receive the food after being inactive throughout the day with activating the release of digestive secretions and juices.
- Dates are very rich with sugary energy and so the body is supplied with the most important nutrients which is sugar that is irreplaceable as a nutrient for the brain cells and nerves.
- Dates protect the fasting person from having constipation as a result of changing meals times or as a result of having low fiber amounts in meals.
- The alkaline salts in dates adjust the acidity of blood which result from excessiveness eating of meat and carbohydrates which causes a lot of hereditary diseases as diabetes, gout, renal stones, gall bladder inflammations, high blood pressure and hemorrhoids).
The research of date's benefits, prepared by nutrition department of hospitals administration in the health ministry in Kuwait.