How to perform Ghusl?
1. Intention, i.e. to perform Ghusl.
2. Basmallah (i.e. to say 'Bismillah' - I begin with the name of Allah).
3. Wash the hands.
4. Wash the private parts with the left hand.
5. Perform the Wudhu:
* Wash the hands three times.
* Rinse the mouth three times.
* Cleanse the nostrils three times.
* Wash the face three times.
* Wash the arms including the elbows three times.
6. One may delay washing the feet and make it the last step.
7. Pour water over the head three times. Rub the water into the roots of the hair and wipe the inner parts of the ear.
8. Pour water over the rest of the body, starting with the right side.
1. One may use soap or other cleansing agents.
2. At the end of a menstrual period a woman must undo her hair. She does not have to undo her hair during Ghusl on account of sexual intercourse.
3. When one performs Ghusl, he does not have to make another Wudhu to perform prayers.
4. All things that invalidate a normal Wudhu will invalidate purification status achieved through Ghusl.
Things a Junub(1) cannot do:
2. Performing Tawaf.
3. Touching the Qur'an. The Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, said: « » (Nasa'ee). One may recite the Qur'an from memory, for the Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, would be mindful of Allah at all times.
(1) Junub is one who is in a state of major ritual impurity.
: Alssunnah Net